"WANA WELFARE ASSOCIATION"
ARTICLE-I: NAME OF THE ORGANIZATION:
The name of the organization shall be "WANA WELFARE ASSOCIATION"
ARTICLE-II: NATURE OF THE ORGANIZATION:
The organization shall be non-governmental, non-profiting, non-political Organization working for the vast welfare of the humanity without any discrimination of caste, color, creed, culture, sect and religion or community discrimination.
ARTICLE-III: OFFICE OF THE ORGANIZATION:
The office of the organization is Room No. 8, Rose Hotel Topanwala Chowk Circular Road D. I. Khan.
ARTICLE-IV: AREA OF OPERATION:
The operational area of the organization shall be D. I. Khan and Wana Sub-Division.
CLAUSE (1) AIMS & OBJECTIVES:
1. To work for the development of the area.
2. Sustainable livelihood.
3. To provide education facilities to the male, female, formal, informal, IT & modern sciences among the masses in general.
4. To provide medical facilities among the masses in general.
5. To organize free medical camps at different localities which shall impart free medical facilities to the down trodden and helpless people who suffer varies kind of diseases.
6. To work towards betterment of people in the field of environment, addicts & disability.
7. To work towards Women Development, Social Uplift and protection of Women's Rights in shape of providing legal, social, monetary help and assistance.
8. To work on poverty alleviation program.
9. To improve overall socio economic condition of poor, rural & urban women living in the operational area of the organization.
10. Social Mobilization against social injustices (child labor, Terrorism, Drug, Honor killing and Crimes)
11. To construct major infrastructure including water resources in D. I. Khan, NWFP.
CLAUSE (2): ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR MEMBERS OF GENERAL COUNCIL:
1. Must be a resident of WANA Sub-division.
2. Must be a major (above 18 years age) a Graduate with sound mind.
3. Must pay regularly the applicable membership fee.
CLAUSE (3): ADMISSION OF MEMBERSHIP:
A person who fulfills the condition laid down under Article-5 clause (2) may be invited by the Executive Council to become patron of the Organization.
2. LIFE MEMBERS AND ORDINARY MEMBERS:
A person who fulfills the requirements as laid down under Article-5 clause (2) and desirous to become life member or ordinary member shall apply on prescribed form of the Organization. The Governing Body shall have powers to accept or reject such application. A person shall become the life member of the Organization only after payment of the prescribed fee.
3. HONORARY MEMBERS:
The Executive Council of the Organization shall nominate honorary members. The honorary members will be the persons who have eminent service for the Organization according to Article-5 clause (2).
CLAUSE (4): REJECTION OF MEMBERSHIP:
1. Person whose application for membership is rejected by the Governing body can apply again after lapse of three months. Membership in the organization will be given by Governing body through simple majority.
CLAUSE (5): PRIVILEGE OF MEMBERS:
1. The following members shall have the right to vote:
∑ Lifetime members.
∑ Ordinary members.
2. The following members shall not have the right to vote:
∑ Honorary members.
∑ Members who have not cleared dues.
CLAUSE (6): SUSPENSION, CANCELLATION & REGISTRATION OF MEMBERSHIP:
MEMBERSHIP MAY BE TERMINATED IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING CASES:
1. For non-payment of subscription up to 30 days after due date. General Secretary will issue 15 days notice to defaulter members prior to the due date. A second notice of 15 days will be given at the expiry of the previous notice and if the dues are not cleared as per second notice, the person concerned will ipso-facto cease to be a member.
2. Absence from meeting (General Body & Executive Council ).
3. A member who fails to attend three consecutive meetings with out prior intimation or justification shall cease to be a member of the Executive Council or General Body as per following the procedure.
4. The Executive Council shall give 15 days notice to defaulting member(s) during which he shall submit a written reply of his conduct.
5. In the event of explanation, being found unsatisfactory by the Executive Council may either administer a warning or may ask the member to resign the membership of the Organization forthwith.
6. In the event of the said member refusing to resign his membership when asked to do so. The Executive Council in a special meeting may decide the case with three forth (3/4th) majority of total strength of the board.
7. For reason to be recorded in writing, the Executive Council with three forth (3/4th) majority of its total membership may suspend forthwith the membership of the defaulter member for a maximum period of three months during which the Executive Council shall be bound to take final decision.
8. Any member may on his own accord terminate his membership sending his resignation to General Secretary. The Executive Council may accept his resignation provided all the outstanding dues are cleared to the satisfaction of the board.
9. Death of the member.
10. In case a memberís conduct is deemed as injurious to the organization then either on the recommendation of the President or the Governing body may on its own, initiate action against such a member which may result in the termination of membership.
CLAUSE (7): RESTORATION OF MEMBERSHIP:
1. Membership of a member may be restored after payment of dues and approval by the Governing body
2. In conduct cases, the Governing Body may if it is satisfied to restore its membership after assurance by the member that he shall not work against the interest of the Organization.
ARTICLE-VI: THE COMPOSITION, POWER AND FUNCTIONS OF THE GENERAL BODY & EXECUTIVE COUNCIL :
CLAUSE (1): The Organization shall consist of Governing Body, General Body and Executive Council.
CLAUSE (1a) GOVERNING BODY:
1. Governing body shall consist of 8 founder members of association.
2. Governing body will make all decisions through simple majority.
3. Annual report will be submitted by the Executive Council to the Governing body.
4. Governing body may nominate through a resolution any two members of the association to run the accounts in any bank of Pakistan.
CLAUSE (2): GENERAL BODY:
The General Body of the Organization shall be composed of life members and ordinary members.
CLAUSE (3): POWERS & FUNCTIONS OF THE GENERAL BODY:
1. The General Body shall determine the policy and the programs of the organization and approve fiscal budget submitted by the Executive Council .
2. It shall hold election of the office bearers and members of the Executive Council when due through/under supervision of Social Welfare Officer.
3. It shall appoint Chartered Accountants for the purpose of auditing the accounts of the Organization.
4. It shall approve the report and audited statements of accounts of the previous year submitted by the members and the matters referred by the Executive Council .
5. The General Body is empowered to make amendments to the constitution subject to prior approval of the Registration Authority and the Governing body.
6. The General Body shall alone be competent to take all policy matters.
CLAUSE (4): EXECUTIVE COUNCIL :
THE EXECUTIVE COUNCIL OF THE ORGANIZATION SHALL BE COMPOSED OF THE FOLLOWING OFFICE BEARERS AND MEMBERS:
CLAUSE (5): POWERS & FUNCTIONS OF THE EXECUTIVE COUNCIL :
1. To act and represent the Organization in all matters and execute the policy and decision of the General Body.
2. To invite, nominate, accept, suspend, cancel or restore the membership of the person(s) according to the provisions of the Article (5) of the constitution.
3. To appoint, suspend, punish or dismiss paid staff of the organization if deemed necessary. It shall also determine the terms and conditions of the employment of staff.
4. To prepare schemes, budget and progress reports and will be responsible for the maintenance and case study of the office records and property etc.
5. If a vacancy occurs in the Executive Council , the Executive Council can nominate coop member(s) to fill the vacancy if half or more than half of the terms of office is over or other wise the case may be referred to by the General Body.
6. It shall prepare annual activity reports, audited accounts and present them to General Body for approval.
7. It shall fix date, time and place for holding General Body meeting as and when due.
8. After the election, the Board shall maintain a register of members and keep it up to date in which the name and addresses of all categories of members of the organization, mode of donation or subscription as the case may be, will be entered.
9. All property movable as well as immovable, belonging to the organization shall vest in the Executive Council , which shall administer it only for the aims and objectives of the organization. The Executive Council and the General Body will have no powers to transfer directly any portion of the money, property or income of the organization to its members or their relatives by way of dividend, bonus or profit.
10. The General body is empowered to make any amends to the constitution. It will be notified to the registration Authority within 15 days to in corporate such amends in their record of the Organization provided that no such amendment will be made without the prior approval of the Commissioner of Income Tax, in case approval under Sec 2 (36) of the Income Tax ordinance 2001 is granted to the Association.
CLAUSE (6): POWERS & DUTIES OF THE OFFICE BEARERS:
1. The President shall be the constitutional head of the Organization and shall preside all meetings.
2. He shall ensure that the provisions of the constitution are duly carried out in all respect.
3. Shall have the power to sanction expenditure up to Rs.10, 000/- in each subject with approval by the Executive Council in subsequent meetings.
4. He shall have the right of casting vote in any meeting in case of tie.
5. He shall supervise the working of the organization, guide and help the office bearers in discharge of their duties.
2) VICE PRESIDENT
Similar powers as that of President in his absence.
3) GENERAL SECRETARY
1. The General Secretary shall act in consultation with the President.
2. The General Secretary in consultation with the President shall prepare the agenda, call meeting of the General Body and Executive Council in accordance with the provision of the constitution, prepare and put up the minutes of the last meeting for confirmation and maintain proper record of the same.
3. The General Secretary shall be responsible for the execution of the resolution and directive of the Executive Council & General Body.
4. The General Secretary shall prepare annual report about the work done by the organization and submit it before the Executive Council or the General Body meeting as the case may be.
5. The General Secretary shall be responsible for submission of the report and return as desired by the Registration Authority. The respective Social Welfare Officer shall also be responsible for the office management and record of the Organization. The General Secretary shall conduct all correspondence on behalf of the Organization.
6. The General Secretary shall verify all bills, joint vouchers etc, get approval of the President & forward them to Finance Secretary for scrutiny & payment as per rules.
4) JOINT SECRETARY
In the absence of the General Secretary, Joint Secretary shall exercise all the powers and functions of the General Secretary and in his presence, shall assist the General Secretary.
5) FINANCE SECRETARY
1. He shall arrange collection of donations, grants, aids, subscription & issue proper receipt.
2. He shall deposit the amount in the bank account of the Organization.
3. He shall maintain register of members, donors with their names and addresses.
4. Maintain accounts of income and expenditures in register prescribed under Section 9 of the Ordinance of Voluntary Social Agencies (Registration & Control) Rules 1961.
5. Arrange audits of the accounts of the Organization & its affiliated welfare program units.
6. Prepare annual budget, quarterly reports & schemes for fund generation and obtain approval of the Executive Council .
6) PRESS SECRETARY
1. He shall give publicity to all aims and objectives of the Organization and publication of all such material.
2. He will also keep inform all concerned of the activities of the Organization.
7) COORDINATION SECRETARY
To establish much close working relation and liaison with National and International Organization etc.
CLAUSE (7): ANNUAL GENERAL BODY MEETING
1. The General Body shall meet once in year and shall be called Annual General Body meeting.
2. Venue of the Annual General Body meeting will be decided by the Executive Council in a meeting with clear notice of two weeks in advance with proper agenda.
3. In the case of emergency special meetings may be called with three days notice.
4. 1/3rd quorum will be necessary for each meeting.
CLAUSE (8): EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETINGS:
1. The Executive Council shall meet once in a month with five days advance notice.
2. Special emergency meetings may be called without advance notice at the discretion of the President.
3. 1/3rd quorum will be necessary for each meeting.
CLAUSE (9): TERMS OF THE OFFICE:
1. Terms of the office shall be for a period of three (3) years for all the office bearers and members of the Executive Council commencing from 1st of July and ending on 30th June.
2. Executive Council must hand over charge to newly elected Executive Council within ten days after election under supervision of election board and in presence of Social Welfare Officer as member of the election board.
CLAUSE (10): ELECTION:
1. Election of the office bearers and executive members of the Executive Council shall be held after three years.
2. Before election, a three members election board other than those contesting election will be formed, which shall monitor and facilitate the election.
3. Election board consisting of three members shall not be eligible to contest election for post of the members of the Executive Council .
4. Election shall be held by secret ballot and each member shall have one vote.
5. Office bearers and members of the Executive Council shall be elected in all General Body meetings held on a special date for which a notice being put up on the notice board in the premises of the Organization 15 days before election and such notice should be sent to members at least 15 days before election.
6. Nomination papers of the candidates bearing signature / addresses of proposed and seconding who are bona-fide members shall be submitted to the President of the election board one week before the election date. The candidate can withdraw within two days of the submission of nomination papers.
7. The Executive Council shall frame the rules relating to the procedure for election.
CLAUSE (1): FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT:
a) The financial year of the organization shall be from 1st July to 30th June of the subsequent year.
b) The funds of the organization shall be kept in a scheduled Bank approved by the Executive Council .
c) The chartered Accountants shall audit the accounts of the organization annually.
d) The money, income and property of the organization however derived shall be applicable solely towards the promotion of the aims and objectives.
e) No promotion of the money, income and property of the organization shall be paid directly by way of profit divided bond or otherwise to any of its members or their relatives.
f) The account will be operated under the signature of members authorized by Governing Body in this behalf through a formal resolution.
g) Any subscription, donation or financial assistance etc shall be deposited in the bank within three days of its receipt.
ARTICLE-VIII: VOTE OF NO CONFIDENCE:
Any member who for some reason show no confidence on an office bearer or a member of the Executive Council shall inform the President of the Executive Council in writing to this effect giving solid proof of the member's attitude, misconduct, misusing power delegated under the constitution or violating the aims & objectives of Organization, by laws/rules detrimental to the cause of the Organization.
The President/Executive Council shall give the said member a chance to clear himself within 15 days of the receipt of no confidence motion and after being satisfied that there are sufficient grounds to proceed against the member concerned, the President shall convene a General Body special meeting as laid down under clause (7) of article 6 and place the matter before the General Body.
The General body shall with (2/3rd) majority decide either to remove such office bearer/member of the Executive Council or otherwise.
ARTICLE -IX: AMENDMENT IN THE CONSTITUTION:
Amendments in the constitution shall be made in a special meeting of the General Body called for this purpose.
Any member who wishes to suggest an amendment in the constitution may do so by writing to the Executive Council . The Executive Council shall circulate it among the members of the General Body with a 30 days notice for convening a meeting of the General Body wherein the proposed amendment(s) is to be considered. The General Body, in its meeting may also consider other amendments received 7 days prior to its meeting.
The amendments must be approved by three forth 3/4th majority of the total membership of the General Body.
The General Body may make any changes in the constitution, preamble, memorandum of article of the Organization, rules and regulation or bye-laws after due deliberation and subject to Article 6 Clause-3 (5) and Clause-5 (10).
All such amendments as per clause 4 above shall be notified to Registration Authority (Directorate Social Welfare Department) Government of NWFP, within 15 days for updating record of the organization.
The proposed amendments should be rooted through the concerned Social Welfare Office to the Registration Authority.
ARTICLE-X: ROLE OF SOCIAL WELFARE OFFICER:
Social Welfare Officer may attend every meeting of the General Body and /or any of its functions.
Social Welfare Officer can check account and other records of agency at any time and all relevant record will be provided whenever demanded.
The Social Welfare Officer can pay visits to the Organization and inspect any document without prior intimation or notice.
ARTICLE-XI: DISSOLUTION OF THE ORGANIZATION:
The organization shall be dissolved in accordance with section 11 & 12 of the voluntary Social Welfare Agencies (Registration & Control) Ordinance 1961.